Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3221  by odin

They seem to pick up on the water movement change when you move a net or ANYTHING towards them, even if your net is like 10 - 15cm away from them lol. Even the larvae are hard to catch :(
 #3230  by opae ula related

(Not my pic)

You need this much without issues catching with a net Image
 #3546  by odin

Just an update on my part really, as soon as my 2nd larvae tank is ready to be used i can officially start selling some Opae ula on my store. The issue i have at the moment is i have to move my larvae from the tank they are born in, into a separate tank so when they become shrimp i can net them and sell them, the issue is every time i move larvae into the larvae tank with the shrimp that will be sold i cannot net any shrimp without killing or hurting larvae that are floating around in the tank too.

I have gotten around this now by having 2 larvae tanks, as one tank is full of shrimp ready to go i can now move the larvae from the big tank they are born in into the 2nd tank and keep rotating this system.
Last edited by odin on 19 Jul 2017 21:31, edited 1 time in total.