Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3927  by Priscilla

Hi y’all!
Does anyone know what is that green stuff that seems to be creeping up the glass? Is that some form of algae? It looks weird. :what:

Thanks!!
 #3928  by odin

If its static then its probably some form of hair algae, if its walking and moving around then no :smile: If you don't like it then remove it.
Last edited by odin on 07 Oct 2017 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
 #3929  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 07 Oct 2017 17:35 If its static then its probably some form of hair algae, if its walking and moving around then no :smile: If you don't like it then remove it.
I'm making a new tank for my shrimps, this means that its about time to put them in right? Because algae are showing on the walls and on water surface. But not sure if this is the right algae for them :huh:
 #3932  by odin

Priscilla wrote:
odin wrote: 07 Oct 2017 17:35 If its static then its probably some form of hair algae, if its walking and moving around then no :smile: If you don't like it then remove it.
I'm making a new tank for my shrimps, this means that its about time to put them in right? Because algae are showing on the walls and on water surface. But not sure if this is the right algae for them :huh:
If there is visible algae then i would hazard a guess and say its fine but i always test with one shrimp to start with and see how well they do over 2 days or so.... sort of kamikaze shrimp if you will :sweat_smile:
 #3937  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 08 Oct 2017 08:56
Priscilla wrote:
If there is visible algae then i would hazard a guess and say its fine but i always test with one shrimp to start with and see how well they do over 2 days or so.... sort of kamikaze shrimp if you will :sweat_smile:
alright then. Can I just add bacteria in the tank and add in 1 shrimp? Checking that all parameters are correct.
 #3938  by odin

If the tank has matured and is ready there should be bacteria colonised in your tank already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #3940  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 09 Oct 2017 14:38 If the tank has matured and is ready there should be bacteria colonised in your tank already Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Alright! 1 shrimp added! I shall see if he’s still alright tmrw. If he is, I think I would be putting the rest of his friends in by next weekend :sidesmile:
 #3942  by odin

Sounds good and let us know how it goes! :smile: