Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3959  by Otter

Thank you for checking in it's not good at all here so many friends have lost homes and lost a friend too. Very hard and unreal.

So far my house is ok but things keep changing fast. John
 #3960  by opae ula related

Wow, sorry to hear but good your house is ok. We can smell the smoke down here and it is really bad. Are the homes made of stucco? Trying to figure it all out.
 #4171  by odin

Thank you :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4224  by pentux

Hi,
I am new to this forum and found this place from the friendly search engine Google!
I have read through the introduction of starting off with a new tank.
I am very very new to Shrimps and Aquariums.
I have 1 small query, if i am unable to get RO water, can i just get distilled bottled water from the Supermarket and add in the marine salt accordingly?
I am staying in Singapore, Opae Ula community is small here and thus not much info available.
I am trying to create my own tank and migrate some of my Opae Ula currently in a enclosed ecotank over.
 #4225  by odin

Welcome to our forum Pentux! You sure can use distilled water from the super market! Just be sure to get the correct salt for it though. No edible salts etc... must be marine salt like instant ocean.

We have a lots of successful breeders here on opaeula.co.uk so we must all be doing somthing correct :)

Any questions you have just put up a post and someone will be along to help answer.

#4256  by pentux

Thanks. Currently waiting for my tank and refractor to arrive before i purchase distilled water n marine salt.
 #4257  by odin

Awesome stuff! Bet you can’t wait, i find it really exciting stetting up a new tank and getting it looking how I want it.

#4275  by Weifoong

Hi Odin, Pentux,

I'm from Singapore too.
I have a fair share of both happy and disappointing experience in dealing with opae ula.
From zero knowledge to now I'm able to set up my own tank.
I was so heartbroken when my opae ula died and also accidentally killed one opae ula larvae (mistaken as mosquito larvae).
Nearly feel like giving up at one point in time.
All learning from mistakes and also benefiting from discussion and information from this forum.
So Pentux, if u need any information on set up, will be happy to help in any way.
Hi Odin, I saw a berried female today after about 9 months of tank set up.
At the same time, I have just completed my tank to welcome alpha. May need to get a tip or two from Odin or those who are more experience in keeping alpha..
I share my joy of berried female with you all and my completed tank photo. Thanks
Attachments:
My berried female
My berried female
IMG_20180113_113150.jpg (403.63 KiB) Viewed 8502 times
My new alpha tank
My new alpha tank
IMG_20180113_213047.jpg (510.65 KiB) Viewed 8502 times
 #4277  by opae ula related

Congrats and nice tank Weifoong. Did you buy your tank with the ornaments? I noticed that tanks from Singapore have similar ornaments and gravel or am I wrong?