Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #4266  by Priscilla

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I saw my 2nd berried shrimp!
at 11am, I saw it being puffy and fluffing it's swimmers a with some shrimps swimming eagerly looking for her. Then at 3pm I saw eggs!
Attachments:
photo_2018-01-10_15-37-13.jpg
photo_2018-01-10_15-37-13.jpg (130.82 KiB) Viewed 9401 times
photo_2018-01-11_11-01-29.jpg
photo_2018-01-11_11-01-29.jpg (110.45 KiB) Viewed 9401 times
 #4268  by odin

Congratulations again! Once these little guys get breeding they really do get going! Keep us posted on how it works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4272  by Priscilla

Enviormentalist wrote: 11 Jan 2018 14:56 cool! how long did you wait until you got your 1st berried shrimp?
The first one was about a month, I left them in a huge jar then they started to breed.
After that I moved them into a tank, and it kinda crashed a little so I had to redo the tank, and put them back into their original jar.
Second berried shrimp is seen about 1+ month while in the jar! I guess they liked the jar more than the spacious tank.
 #4273  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 11 Jan 2018 16:15 Congratulations again! Once these little guys get breeding they really do get going! Keep us posted on how it works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Alright I will! Thank you!
 #4276  by Priscilla

Hey @odin ! I have a problem now, I have to move the shrimps to another location but one of them is berried, is there anything I can do to help make everything smooth so that she doesn't drop her eggs?
 #4278  by odin

Hey @Priscilla Do you mean physically move the tank or do you mean net out the shrimp and put them into a new tank? If you move the whole tank is it light enough to move without emptying it?
 #4284  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 13 Jan 2018 20:11 Hey @Priscilla Do you mean physically move the tank or do you mean net out the shrimp and put them into a new tank? If you move the whole tank is it light enough to move without emptying it?
Like bringing the jars to another home because we are moving. Don't have to net them out! The tank doesn't have to be emptied.
Today the mom dropped an egg, not sure why. I haven't done anything to the jar. :sad2:
 #4286  by odin

In that case i would just lower the water level to stop it flowing over when moving, remove any rocks/ornaments so they don't roll around in the tank and crush anyone and keep it as still as possible on your lap in the car :wink:

Keep them in the jar as these tend to be stronger, some fish tanks don't do well being picked up when filled with liquids.