Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #4663  by Vorteil

Just wanted to share pics of my baby opae. Tank has been up for 14 months or so.
Attachments:
tank.JPG
tank.JPG (42.73 KiB) Viewed 8735 times
tank7.JPG
tank7.JPG (75.59 KiB) Viewed 8735 times
tank6.JPG
tank6.JPG (49.85 KiB) Viewed 8735 times
tank4.JPG
tank4.JPG (50.76 KiB) Viewed 8735 times
 #4665  by odin

Great photos! It looks like it’s raining larvae :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4667  by Vorteil

Thank you. The opae are breeding the way I thought they would. Not as easy as I thought it would be. I understand why it takes a long time for some and others a shorter time.
 #4678  by odin

There is nothing like going larvae blind from trying to count them all in the tank lol.
 #5084  by tzg

Vorteil wrote: 16 Mar 2018 16:01 Thank you. The opae are breeding the way I thought they would. Not as easy as I thought it would be. I understand why it takes a long time for some and others a shorter time.
hi vorteil, so why did it take 14 months for you?
 #5087  by Vorteil

It took 14 months for this specific tank where all the baby opae were constantly always out in the open. Originally I had berried females after 4 months. The babies would be out for a week or two and then disappear or hide. Eventually I would see the free swimming juvenile later.
 #5101  by odin

Sometimes it takes a little time for them to get settled in before they breed. :laugh:
 #5359  by Asmaamal

Don’t rush them into growing up- A child should remain a child. Parents should not make him or her behave like an adult at a young age.