Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #1443  by opae ula related

Went to a Japanese Fair and surprise there was Opae Ula for sale. He advertise no feeding, so I didnt even want to chat with him. 2 for $20 so pretty expensive and they were the cheapest set you can get. ImageImageImage
 #1446  by odin

Looks like the seller doesn't understand the feeding for these guys at all, the Opaeula are exspensive over here too but not that bad compared :tongue: .

Did you see much interest in them at his stall?
 #1449  by opae ula related

ImageImage

I got there at the tail end but saw two empty stands so I think he sold two of these. Not sure which.

They look healthy so I think he feeds them and dumps the poor fellas in containers when it is time to sell otherwise there would be algae in there.
 #1450  by odin

$140!?! Wow lol I'm in the wrong business it seems lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #1458  by Ann

I certainly hope that he had more instructions than were written. You can't take an animal out of a natural habitat and give it NO care! There is no resource for it to take care of itself.
Ann
 #1465  by Ann

Sure, the vessels are beautiful, but don't lead people to believe that the Opae Ula are just part of a decoration. I did notice what it said about their eating habits. We can make our own beautiful and healthful habitats. Sorry, but I just think those sellers are creepy. Beautiful photos, though! Thanks. :smile:
Ann