Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #1598  by Priscilla

odin wrote:I would add half of a vial to be honest, better safe then sorry but I highly doubt it would do any harm. You can dose every 2 weeks if you wish but you really dont need to use it forever. I keep it to be used in emergency situations like if you get a ammonia spike or nitrate spike and cant do a water change to reduce it strait away etc .. you can dump in a vial and it 'should' save your shrimps from being poisoned. Its pretty expensive so its really up to you. I buy mine in large quantities as it gets a lot cheaper to buy.

With the bees pollen, I'm really not sure about it as I've never used it :smile: do you have a link to the product so I can do some research?
Oh okay! I bought one today and I'm going to try it out soon! :smile:
Btw, it is okay to not have filter or air pump in the tank so as to not disturb the water for the shrimps right?

And, here is the link to the bee pollen! http://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/shrimplab/1 ... 84361.html
It looks good but not sure if I can always feed this to them! :huh:
 #1607  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:

This guy talks about bee pollen for his cherry shrimp. "super food" :hmm:
That's interesting :omg:
Its quite hard to get the pollens to sink but my shrimps seem to love it! :grin2:
Heard from the video that we can't always feed it to them.

Have you tried it?
 #1609  by opae ula related

Never tried it. Didnt know of it as Opae Ula food until you mentioned it. I might tried it as another food source in the future.
 #1610  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:Never tried it. Didnt know of it as Opae Ula food until you mentioned it. I might tried it as another food source in the future.Image
You should try it! Not sure how it'll help them as I haven't seen any noticeable improvements. :wink:

Btw, is it a must for shrimps to have dark places in the tank for them to breed?
 #1612  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:Do you mean you plan to leave the lights on all the time?
Not all the time, but like only during the day because my table lamp is not bright enough for them.
I'll switch it to night mode at night, so the shrimps will get about 8 hours of day light and the rest would be night light!

I'm just worried that they need more dark corners around the tank, the new light covers everything and every part of the tank. :huh:
 #1614  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:From your pictures, it seems like there are hiding places. Just need patience.
Thanks for checking for me! :smile:
It's still considered as hiding places even though it's not dark?