Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #1631  by Ann

I am not going to use a heater in the tank. I always feel that something could go wrong and kill the life it contains especially in a nano tank. We keep the temperature between 67 and 69 degrees Fahrenheit. Would this be okay?
Ann
 #1632  by Ann

Note: Average temp: 20 degrees Celsius.
Ann
 #1643  by Ann

Thanks for the answer, Wander. I'm glad that heaters are not absolutely necessary at that temperature. I really worry about that.
Ann :smile:
 #1647  by odin

Ive noticed that alot of keepers in the US can get away with not using a heater, its always cold here in the UK so we have to have them.
 #1650  by Ann

Thank you, Odin..I will keep a check on temperature to check fluctuations.
Ann
 #1714  by odin

Not sure about the shorter lives statement and eat more but the the advantages look about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #1717  by odin

Wander wrote:Yes, the correct statement would be that they live longer Lives in colder water because All their biological funtions slow down including aging.
Without proof it's just a guess though, let me know if yours live longer then 20 years and write the results on this topic :p hehe.

#1720  by opae ula related

odin wrote:
Wander wrote:Yes, the correct statement would be that they live longer Lives in colder water because All their biological funtions slow down including aging.
Without proof it's just a guess though, let me know if yours live longer then 20 years and write the results on this topic :p hehe.

Ha. guess you need to take half of the newborns from one mother in one tank and the rest in another. Wow, that is going to be hard to track for 20 years. Especially when the siblings get berried. :sick: