Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #1787  by Priscilla

Hi guys!

I recently bought a 2 gallon tank and I've transferred all the items and existing water + new ones into the new tank. Added 1 drop of ammonia and bio digest to cycle the tank again. Left the light on for awhile and came back to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #1793  by odin

hehe is this a 2nd tank or are you upgrading your old tank to this new one? i Agree sounds like MTS :lol: :happy: :wink:
 #1817  by Priscilla

Wander wrote:Hahahahaahhaha i had the same thing!
Don't worry :grin:
It's bacteria, expect a lot of these things in your tank it will become like a web,.....
Just stir it out with a stick or something.
There is some source of food for the bacteria which well be depleted when they've used it all. :grin3:
These things will probably keep coming for a MAXIMUM of a week. :tongue:
Good luck! :upsidedown:
Oh okay! So means I can add the shrimps in after I've cleared it and if ammonia and nitrites are 0 right? Of course also after a water change for the nitrates! :grin2:
 #1818  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:

(not my video)
o oh. You have MTS :lol:
Haha I wish! But I only have one tank. This is just an upgrade :smile:
 #1819  by Priscilla

odin wrote:hehe is this a 2nd tank or are you upgrading your old tank to this new one? i Agree sounds like MTS :lol: :happy: :wink:
Haha! This is just another upgrade of the previous one that you guys saw! :tongue:
I just felt like the previous one was kinda squeezy.
 #1820  by odin

If your previous tank was cycled you could just transport everything over in one go (shrimp included) and just topup the rest with clean/fresh brackish water and skipped the dosing with ammonia etc but the way you are doing it will create alot more friendly bacteria ready for when you add the shrimp.
 #1844  by Priscilla

odin wrote:If your previous tank was cycled you could just transport everything over in one go (shrimp included) and just topup the rest with clean/fresh brackish water and skipped the dosing with ammonia etc but the way you are doing it will create alot more friendly bacteria ready for when you add the shrimp.
Ohhhh I see! I was just afraid that something bad might happen, because I did this for my second upgrade (months ago) and the whole tank water suddenly turned cloudy! :(

Here's a pic of the new tank set up! What do y'all think? Image Not much diff, added back their favorite rock and 2 big shells! So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #1845  by odin

I think they are really going to like that layout, at least having a new tank you can rest your mind about the bubbles appearing on the seals with the old tank.