Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3044  by odin

Be patient and don't over feed an i'm sure you will have berried females in no time :grin:
 #3052  by Edwid

Some shrimps started doing inverse swimming on water surface after i added beneficial bacteria into the water.

Quite a funny sight

Oh yes! You all may follow me on Instagram @opaeohana if you would like videos or more photos of my tank :)

That's the best way I thought to share videos with all of you
 #3056  by odin

This is how many Opae ula shrimp feed, when you sprinkle powdered algae in the tank they will swim up and eat at it.
 #3076  by odin

Part of the cycling progress so dont worry.
 #3082  by odin

Yeah it will clear up over time, it all seem normal to me and have you tried feeding your shrimp Spirulina? they eat it off the surface liek they are doing in your tank right now. Its awesome to watch.
 #3147  by Edwid

Just curious, is there any lighting limitation to our opae ula tank? Is it 'harmful' if there's too much light or that the light is too strong?

@ Odin, yes I have fed them spirulina. It's amazing to see when the powder is suspended and then you see the shrimps swimming all around to grab these powder!
 #3150  by odin

I'd have to say not really, im using these in my Alpha and Opae ula larvae tank Dennerle 5710 Nano Power-LED 5.0 Amazon link and id say they are pretty damn bright! The shrimp are not hiding or anything to avoid it. If you do think its too bright for your shrimp you can always get some of that plastic sun defuser stuff and attach it too the light to dim it a little.
Last edited by odin on 27 Apr 2017 18:23, edited 1 time in total.