Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3708  by Beano

What kind of tube should be used to transfer larvae? I looked through the forum topics and didn't come across a thread on this....but maybe I missed it
 #3709  by odin

Beano wrote:What kind of tube should be used to transfer larvae? I looked through the forum topics and didn't come across a thread on this....but maybe I missed it
Read on from here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=203&hilit=tube&start=20#p2865

ask @opae ula related for his advice.
 #3722  by opae ula related

odin wrote:
Beano wrote:What kind of tube should be used to transfer larvae? I looked through the forum topics and didn't come across a thread on this....but maybe I missed it
Read on from here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=203&hilit=tube&start=20#p2865

ask @opae ula related for his advice.
I use a long regular drinking straw to transfer larvae or you can use a tube. You can use a tube with food trick for post larvae to adults since they are too smart. :)

Odin uses a nice shrimp catcher for larvae.

Below is the video for catching post larvae to adults.
Last edited by opae ula related on 14 Aug 2017 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
 #3761  by Beano

Thanks For sharing the video....somehow those shrimps look more passive than mine.....my shrimps dart off the moment I remove the lid.... :grin3:
 #3765  by opae ula related

Beano wrote:Thanks For sharing the video....somehow those shrimps look more passive than mine.....my shrimps dart off the moment I remove the lid.... :grin3:
The secret is to feed them so they are concentrating on eating.