Opaeula.co.uk

THE forum and online store dedicated to Halocaridina rubra aka the Hawaiian Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our Opae ula shrimp web store is now open! We are selling Opae ula Shrimp via our eBay store HERE
This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3708  by Beano
 13 Aug 2017 15:21
What kind of tube should be used to transfer larvae? I looked through the forum topics and didn't come across a thread on this....but maybe I missed it
 #3709  by odin
 13 Aug 2017 15:41
Beano wrote:What kind of tube should be used to transfer larvae? I looked through the forum topics and didn't come across a thread on this....but maybe I missed it
Read on from here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=203&hilit=tube&start=20#p2865

ask @opae ula related for his advice.
 #3710  by Beano
 13 Aug 2017 15:54
Thanks Odin! :smile:
 #3722  by opae ula related
 14 Aug 2017 18:11
odin wrote:
Beano wrote:What kind of tube should be used to transfer larvae? I looked through the forum topics and didn't come across a thread on this....but maybe I missed it
Read on from here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=203&hilit=tube&start=20#p2865

ask @opae ula related for his advice.
I use a long regular drinking straw to transfer larvae or you can use a tube. You can use a tube with food trick for post larvae to adults since they are too smart. :)

Odin uses a nice shrimp catcher for larvae.

Below is the video for catching post larvae to adults.
Last edited by opae ula related on 14 Aug 2017 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
odin liked this
 #3761  by Beano
 18 Aug 2017 17:09
Thanks For sharing the video....somehow those shrimps look more passive than mine.....my shrimps dart off the moment I remove the lid.... :grin3:
 #3765  by opae ula related
 18 Aug 2017 20:29
Beano wrote:Thanks For sharing the video....somehow those shrimps look more passive than mine.....my shrimps dart off the moment I remove the lid.... :grin3:
The secret is to feed them so they are concentrating on eating.
odin liked this