Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3740  by Priscilla

Hi guys!

FIRST. BERRIED. SHRIMP. :laugh:

I am so excited!

So now I am lost because I dont know how to care for the berried mum and the babies.
Attachments:
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (157.03 KiB) Viewed 6808 times
 #3741  by opae ula related

Congrats! Is the 1 month tank? Dont need to care for them, just leave them alone and hopefully they become little shrimp after 2 weeks.
 #3742  by odin

Thats great news! Try not to disturb them and you dont need to do anything to help with the eggs/larvae as @opae ula related suggested. Congratulations! :wink: :smile: :happy:
 #3743  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote: 17 Aug 2017 05:28 Congrats! Is the 1 month tank? Dont need to care for them, just leave them alone and hopefully they become little shrimp after 2 weeks.
1 1/2 months! Ah alright! Do I feed them as usual? 2 weeks? I thought it'll take a month for them to be hatched?

Added in 3 minutes 1 second:
odin wrote: 17 Aug 2017 06:41 Thats great news! Try not to disturb them and you dont need to do anything to help with the eggs/larvae as @opae ula related suggested. Congratulations! :wink: :smile: :happy:
Okay! What happens after the babies are out? Do I still feed everyone normally? I use spirulina powder
Last edited by Priscilla on 17 Aug 2017 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
 #3744  by odin

When she releases them as larvae they will stay as larvae for 2 weeks, she will carry the eggs for 4 - 5 weeks. They don't require food as larvae as they have and use an yolk sac to feed which they are born with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #3746  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 17 Aug 2017 12:39 When she releases them as larvae they will stay as larvae for 2 weeks, she will carry the eggs for 4 - 5 weeks. They don't require food as larvae as they have and use an yolk sac to feed which they are born with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So 1 month later she will release the eggs, then can I still feed the adults normally? Will they disturb the babies floating on top because I feed them powder food.
 #3747  by odin

I havent seen any of my adults bump into my larvae so i dont think its an issue, just go steady on he food because you want your water conditions to be nice and healthy.