Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #4097  by Priscilla

Hey guys, i notice this shrimp behaving weirdly. It was clinging at the glass wall, then suddenly popcorned and fell onto the ground.
For the past 6 hours, its been standing there doing nothing. When I shined light on it awhile ago, it seemed to be limping.

Other shrimps kinda approached it but nothing seems to be happening. Everyone else, including babies are all behaving normally.
Is this shrimp gonna die? :upset:
 #4098  by odin

All you can do is keep an eye on it and observe it, it may have had a piece of moult stuck to it and caused it to thrash around to try and shake off the moult. Maybe damaged its self in the process? If it’s damaged it’s leg it should grow back etc next time it moults. If you notice any other shrimps behaving the same way the do a large water change as the water may of become contaminated with something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4099  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 29 Nov 2017 14:58 All you can do is keep an eye on it and observe it, it may have had a piece of moult stuck to it and caused it to thrash around to try and shake off the moult. Maybe damaged its self in the process? If it’s damaged it’s leg it should grow back etc next time it moults. If you notice any other shrimps behaving the same way the do a large water change as the water may of become contaminated with something.

Alright, I'm just worried because it haven't been picking or doing anything at all, including the feelers. Just nothing. Also when standing, it seems to be leaning on its right side.
 #4100  by odin

Have you had any sprays in the air or anything that would of contaminated the water? Have you put anything in the water like hands etc?

#4101  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 29 Nov 2017 15:08 Have you had any sprays in the air or anything that would of contaminated the water? Have you put anything in the water like hands etc?

Nope, none of those. I hope hes not sick or anything. He's been like this for the past 6-7 hrs. :cry:
 #4102  by odin

That’s a shame, he may pull through though! Like I said be extra observant over he next 48 hours for any other shrimps showing similar symptoms. Check the substrate for others lay on their sides etc.

#4104  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 29 Nov 2017 15:18 That’s a shame, he may pull through though! Like I said be extra observant over he next 48 hours for any other shrimps showing similar symptoms. Check the substrate for others lay on their sides etc.

Okay, I will keep the forum updated on this again. Thanks so much Odin.
 #4111  by odin

Any update @Priscilla ?
 #4114  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 30 Nov 2017 19:44 Any update @Priscilla ?
Hi Odin! As of now, I haven't seen the little guy swim but it has a little difficulty walking around. At least its trying to move about now.