Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #4166  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 08 Dec 2017 21:12 Yes it will sort its self out eventually, here is a quick extract

A "bacteria bloom" can also be caused by sudden increases in ammonia due to overfeeding or excess organic waste and decay. Losses of large numbers of bacteria due to power outages or other circumstances can also cause blooms. Test the aquarium water for ammonia and nitrite.
Tested and all levels are 0 :sidesmile:
The tank doesnt look as cloudy as yesterday, or I'm probably used to the cloudy sight already. :huh:
 #4179  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote: 10 Dec 2017 03:56 Prisilla, hope your tanks does well!
Hi @opae ula related!
Thanks for asking! The shrimps are all happy swimming, grazing and hiding in the little cubes. No deaths so far.
All red and molting properly :laugh:
 #4206  by odin

Hope all is well now in your Opae ula shrimp kingdom.
 #4210  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 20 Dec 2017 17:39 Hope all is well now in your Opae ula shrimp kingdom.
Hi Odin! Yes it is! I think. Haha they've been swimming around and grazing. Seems like there is sufficient food (since no one is interested in the spirulina powder I add) and everyone is doing fine. Thanks so much for asking! :laugh: