Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #4365  by odin

Hey @Ann that would certainly help getting your tank to cycle faster and give it a kick start, will that amount fill your tank to where you want it or are you going to need to add some water in on top of that?
 #4367  by Ann

I would buy 3 gallons. Two would fill the tank and the other for top-offs. I would wonder if I could top if off with plain and pure distilled water afterward?
Thank you,
Ann
 #4368  by odin

Once your tank has been filled with brackish water which is also in those bags you posted a link to you should only top off with plain/pure distilled water only. As your tank water evaporates it will leave all the salt behind in your tank and in the remaining brackish water thus making the salt content higher until you pour more distilled water in. If you add more brackish water in to top off it will increase the salt levels higher and higher which isn’t a great situation to be in. I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4375  by Ann

Oh! I forgot that. Their water is probably different. I felt that mixing water would not be good. I will think about the water. I will probably buy it.
Thanks,
Ann
 #4388  by Ann

They use live sand in their ecosystems. They might sell the water from tanks containing the sand. I guess I'll mix it myself.
Ann
 #4389  by odin

It’s very easy to do, any issues just ask for help on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro