Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #362  by Ann

Hi Odin,
I have decided to use the 10 gallon ( 37.8541 liter) tank to set up my Opae Ula. I want to buy a set number all at once so I don't have to buy more later and risk introducing disease with a second batch. Do you think that I should buy 10 with hope that they increase the population on their own, or do you think that I should buy 20? Your opinion would be deeply appreciated. Someone once told me that I always think up problems for the future. I guess that my questions reflect that.
Ann
 #363  by odin

There is nothing like planning ahead :grin: i'm guilty of that too! Its the last thing on people minds when introducing new fish or shrimp in our case without thinking about disease and contamination! I would go for 20 shrimp in that tank of yours, 10 would look a little sparse and the more shrimp the larger chances of having a good mixture of males and females. It will take years and years for the shrimp numbers to ever outgrow a tank of your size.
 #364  by Ann

Thanks, Odin,
I'm grateful for all your help.
Ann