Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #636  by opae ula related

18-20 of them? Nice! I knew they give extras but didn't know that much extra. Have fun! It's the weekend! :tongue:

You might have a hard time finding them once you put it in your tank with hiding places. Now is a good time to see them all together.
 #638  by odin

I feel sorry for the Seldom Opae ula in the tank that came with the alphas lol, it traveled all the way with them so I just poured the whole bowl of shrimp into the tank :tongue:
 #657  by opae ula related

Odin, that book I mentioned talked about Metabetaeus Lohena in great detailed. It mentioned Opae Ula's larvae are larger in size and has a bigger yolk sac then M.L.. The larvae of M.L. must feed to grow since it has a smaller yolk sac and leaves the anchialine pool to return to the ocean to complete their development which is longer than opae ula. It says attempts to raise the larvae in captivity failed. :sad2:
 #659  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Odin, that book I mentioned talked about Metabetaeus Lohena in great detailed. It mentioned Opae Ula's larvae are larger in size and has a bigger yolk sac then M.L.. The larvae of M.L. must feed to grow since it has a smaller yolk sac and leaves the anchialine pool to return to the ocean to complete their development which is longer than opae ula. It says attempts to raise the larvae in captivity failed. :sad2:

I was watching this which i believe are the people who wrote the book? im not 100% sure but, at 2:30 they discuss that the alpha's migrate to the open ocean and eat plankton and zooplankton.

#662  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Yes, it is them. You are right. I now know how to pronounce it. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: I've watched it back a few times and i still cant pronounce it haha.
 #663  by opae ula related

odin wrote:
opae ula related wrote:Yes, it is them. You are right. I now know how to pronounce it. Image

:lol: I've watched it back a few times and i still cant pronounce it haha.

A larva. Credit of "Hawaiian Anchialine Pools"