Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #615  by odin

I'm finding it pretty frustrating that there is nothing at all on the whole of the Internet or books that have any solid idea what it takes to breed them successfully :upset:

It won't stop me from trying though!
 #618  by odin

I got one of Fukubonsai's Opae ula information booklets they wrote, they know their stuff!
 #622  by odin

Marko2 wrote:Where are you buying the alphas from ? Would it be possible to connect different tanks of different salinity together with pipes then the shrimps could choose were to release there larvae
I bought the Alphas from Shrimpmart.net Marko, the shipping was more then the shrimp though :upset:
 #624  by odin

I thought about you when i bought them with shipping but the more shrimp i added to the cart to higher the shipping price went up so after postage costs from me to you it wouldnt of worked out much cheaper and made the travel time longer :sad2:

Yes, this discount code will grant you 10% off your order :)

GREENROCK10

My shrimp should come today and im so worried i will open a bag up to find them dead, nearly £200 all in because i got hit with duty costs, if there is duty costs they also add a handling fee lol.
 #627  by odin

Marko2 wrote:Good luck , :omg: at that price breeding would be amazing bonus
I think its going to be very hard to breed them lol, The delivery, import tax and handling fee was about £100 of that over all price which i find insane. Just wish we had more sellers over here in the UK.
 #628  by odin

So the Alphas came in! all bodys in the bag were alive and well. there are around 18 - 20 and one looks like a Opae ula :happy:
I ordered 12 so shrimpmart.net has done me good! I put them in a bowl and added some tank water to the bowl for 15 mins.

I have moved the dark red opae ula in tank#01 into my community tank for a short period until my new tank (#04 with lava rock) has matured and will continue to try and breed out dark red shrimps there, and in tank#01 which is now empty, I have put the alphas and moved the rock into the corner to offer some hiding spots. I will buy some more rocks and add these later. I was more bothered about getting them in some nice mature warm tank water.

The SG in the bag which they came in was around 1.006 - 1.008. I just hope they make the next 48 hours in the new tank!

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg (242.44 KiB) Viewed 7189 times