Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3834  by opae ula related

Yeah "if" they eat there young. This all sounds familiar, I think we discussed this in the past. In the natural setting, they are released in the lava tubes near the ocean and they have to find their way there to survive.
Last edited by opae ula related on 05 Sep 2017 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
 #3849  by Beano

I am going to set up another tank to place the berried lohena alone. I am thinking of just having cycled water, a few nugget sized coral and marimo balls in thre tank without any substrate. Would such a tank process the ammonia without the substrate? I read the beneficial bacteria mainly stays in the substrate
 #3852  by odin

opae ula related wrote:https://www.auburn.edu/~santosr/pdf/Rus ... vdBiol.pdf

Interesting read
Great share! I have saved and uploaded it to my server for preservation!

opae_pdf/Russetal2010RevdBiol.pdf

Last edited by odin on 07 Sep 2017 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
 #3975  by Beano

Over the past few weeks i have had 4 berried alphas and unfortunately, all 4 groups of larvae died within a week. Not sure what they need to eat. I tried full saltwater salinity and brackish water. Feed them planktonic food, spirulina powder. One of the berried alpha's laid the larvae last night, I am now trying a japanese feed that increases micro organisms in the tank which supposedly is eaten by shrimp larvae.

Odin, any luck on your end raising the larvae?