Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #4213  by Beano

Baby brine shrimp are too large for lohena larvae to feed on. I tried it and the larvae ignored the bbs. I am going to try feeding them with infusoria. The tricky bit is cultivating the infusoria without fouling the water. I guess I understand why the alpha adults breed virtually weekly in my tank....the survival rate of the larvae is terribly bad compared to opae ula larvae.
 #4328  by odin

Weifoong wrote:Hi @odin ,
U 've nice algae growth on your rocks.
How do u grow algae on your rocks?
Thanks
Weifoong

Hey, that algae is no longer there and the snails finished it off, it seems to grow on ocean rock/Texas hokey rock strait after it starts to cycle but when it was eaten it never came back.

A shame really as it looked awesome didn’t it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4484  by KarstShrimp

Cool! I don't know much about Meta, just thought they had HUGE claws. Do you mind me asking where your Meta came from?
 #10515  by odin

Roughly 7 years old and still going! I’m not sure if any one else has documented how long the alpha live for but these are still alive :)

#10516  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Image

Roughly 7 years old and still going! I’m not sure if any one else has documented how long the alpha live for but these are still alive :)

Imagenice to hear! Mines still going too.