Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #1061  by odin

I'm going to start by taking 50% of the larvae if they ever get to the free floating stage and add them to the marine tank. I will take the trial and error with changes from there to begin.
 #1082  by odin

@Halocaridina probably double/triple the size, an inch maybe? I do have an Opae ula in their tank and i will try and get a photo of them sitting side by side... wish me luck :laugh:
 #1083  by opae ula related

odin wrote:I'm going to start by taking 50% of the larvae if they ever get to the free floating stage and add them to the marine tank. I will take the trial and error with changes from there to begin.
You might have better luck but I never saw them at the floating stage. One option is to trap/capture a mother in a breeder box, but that would be difficult in itselfImage.
 #1195  by odin

Its feeding day tomorrow so i will try and get some new photos, The 3 or so with eggs only come out now when its feeding time lol.
 #1219  by odin

Heres a few photos of todays feeding, sorry they are a day late :blush: There are still 3 - 4 females carrying eggs and one or two who have fanned out legs which may of dropped eggs or are showing signs of becoming berried :lol:

#1221  by odin

@Haduvokone Thanks, thats a good idea i may have to look into that. Ive started doing videos on youtube and adding an intro with the forums web address on it. Once i get the forum finished i will start advertising on other shrimp and aquarium forums :smile: