Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3536  by Vorteil

My goal is just to have a large tankful of Opae Ula. Something around 40-55 gallons. The coolest thing I saw was back in 1985. At Disneyworld in Orlando there was a huge Ecosphere with literally thousands of Opae Ula in it. It was just a sea of red. I had bought Opae back in 2002 in Hawaii but it was only a few. Not much info back then. The ones I have now were from sellers in Texas, Los Angeles, & Florida. The Tx & Fl breeders sold them just to thin out their stock. The LA guys sells it for profit and these are all solid bright red.
 #3537  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Yup, how do you link a previous post?
The way i do it is by 'right hand' clicking my mouse on the posts 'RE: title' link and pressing 'copy link location' then just pasting it into your post,

Here is the Link for the post to copy the location from marked in Red,
Is that what you mean @opae ula related ?
Attachments:
link.jpg
link.jpg (21.26 KiB) Viewed 9939 times
 #3539  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:My goal is just to have a large tankful of Opae Ula. Something around 40-55 gallons. The coolest thing I saw was back in 1985. At Disneyworld in Orlando there was a huge Ecosphere with literally thousands of Opae Ula in it. It was just a sea of red. I had bought Opae back in 2002 in Hawaii but it was only a few. Not much info back then. The ones I have now were from sellers in Texas, Los Angeles, & Florida. The Tx & Fl breeders sold them just to thin out their stock. The LA guys sells it for profit and these are all solid bright red.

Any pics of that Disneyworld tank?

My first ones were also from Oahu, mostly light pink and white.

That would be one huge tank at 55 gallons.
Last edited by opae ula related on 19 Jul 2017 19:00, edited 2 times in total.
 #3549  by Vorteil

No pics of the ecosphere. I originally bought my shrimp from Shirokiya in Ala Moana shopping center.
 #3550  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:No pics of the ecosphere. I originally bought my shrimp from Shirokiya in Ala Moana shopping center.
Same hereImage
 #7978  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:No pics of the ecosphere. I originally bought my shrimp from Shirokiya in Ala Moana shopping center.
Fyi, Shirokiya store is no longer there. It is only a food court now. : (. No more Opae ula for sale.

Also OH MY OPAE online store based in Honolulu, Oahu get there Opae ula from the big island and not Oahu.
 #8037  by odin

What do Oh MY Opae charge for shrimps?
 #8048  by opae ula related

odin wrote:What do Oh MY Opae charge for shrimps?
1.75 each but 100 minimum.