Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #1228  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Oh cool! Congratulations... You really are an Opae Ula breeding master :happy:
No, you are with all those berrried Alphas. :wink:
 #1229  by opae ula related

Other tank mates found in my tanks that were unexpected during the past yr.. :ninja: Thought I share. No longer see the sea anemone thing, worm or jellyfish in the tank.

#1234  by odin

Thats a fabulous collection of tank life you have had, i wish i had some of those cool jellyfish in mine!! They are my favourite :lol: :sidesmile:

Thanks for the share.
 #1235  by Ann

I agree with Odin. In fact, both of you gentleman have a special talent for this. I really admire both of you.
Ann :smile:
 #1236  by opae ula related

Ann wrote:I agree with Odin. In fact, both of you gentleman have a special talent for this. I really admire both of you.
Ann :smile:
Ann, you will also once you setup a tank.
 #1424  by opae ula related

Update with Opae Ula babies tank. Saw first berried mom from a 4 month old tank that I use to keep larvae from main tank.

Ann, I believe you got the same 2 gallon tank as me. : )
 #1427  by odin

I can never stop smiling when i find a berried shrimp, great video mate. :grin:
 #1471  by opae ula related

Wander wrote:
opae ula related wrote:IMG_0437 (1).JPG
Anyone know the official name of this algae? I had it since August 2015 and it is starting to grow on the volcano rock.
I know this is very old but could it be cyanobacteria?

Have a great day!
Thanks. I google it and doesn't seem like it.

I like it in the tank and found out it is easily removed if it is growing on a rock by a quick blow on a straw facing it. :what:
 #1475  by opae ula related

Wander wrote:Sadly, that doesn't help me identify it :upset:
One thing i do know is that if it is cynobacteria you'd better not drink that water.
This might sound stupid but because we keep the same water for so long a toxin called BMAA(a neurotoxin) builds up which has strong relations to ALS and Alzheimer's
If it is cynobacteria this toxin really builds up so again it might sound stupid but DON'T GET THAT WATER INSIDE OF YOU.
(just trying to help)
Have a good day! :grin2:
Thanks. I don't plan to drink :nerner: the water but good warning. You just never know. :huh: