Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #3514  by opae ula related

odin wrote:The 15 was actually 18 and they have all been moved from tank to tank, i also removed the single Opae ula that was in the alpha tank and put him in the larvae tank too. He was so happy to be with other Opae ula after all this time lol, just sat there with the others! :laugh: :blink: :grin2:
Image That really debunks Alpha eats Opae Ula. Image
 #3529  by odin

I am moving the alphas into a smaller tank and im going to utilize their old tank for more breeding space for my opea ula.
 #3535  by opae ula related

odin wrote:I am moving the alphas into a smaller tank and im going to utilize their old tank for more breeding space for my opea ula.
That will be a big task.
 #3540  by odin

opae ula related wrote:
odin wrote:I am moving the alphas into a smaller tank and im going to utilize their old tank for more breeding space for my opea ula.
That will be a big task.
OMG its a nightmare!....

The smaller tank wont hold all the ocean rock from the alpha tank but i have moved them all now and they are just going to have to make do with one big lump of ocean rock, all of them are still alive from when i purchased them (i got to count them as i moved them) and i think i may have 1 or 2 extra ones? i cant be sure so im not going to put any thought into them breeding successfully lol i probably just didn't count them correctly when i 1st brought them. They have new sand and their old rock, half of their established water and a scoop of 'crud/crap' from their tank thrown in with a few Nerite snails and a large dose of biodigest to reduce and Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites.
I will have to monitor them closely and test their water every day for the next 2 weeks to be sure everything is ok, maybe do a small water change. Im worried because they got brand new substrate.

Their old tank that will become a new larvae tank has been a mammoth task, the substrate was covered in bad algae, snail poop and all sorts of horrid stuff so i have had to hoover out as much of it as i could into a bucket then wait for the stuff to settle in the bucket and slowly pour the mature water back into the tank (making sure the crap doesn't fall back into the tank) as to keep all the cycled water. It has clouded up with crap and gunk in the tank again from disturbing it all so i will give it until tomorrow morning to settle and vacuum it again. I want the sand to be clear of all debris and crud before Opae ula or larvae go into it.

I will make an update video showing what i am doing in a few hours.
 #3544  by odin

There are a few smaller ones but i put that down to me only feeding the tank once a week and only 5 or 6 fish flakes at that.
 #3547  by odin

haha i will see what i can do, i never saw larvae so its all inconclusive i'm afraid :ow:
 #3548  by odin

Just an update i have about 70 larvae in the tank ready to be moved this week!

Great amount but as my other larvae tank isnt ready for them yet they will have to go in the 1st one and i cant sell any shrimp for at least 15 days (when they become shrimp from their larval stage)
Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg (295.81 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (239.53 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
 #3613  by odin

Another batch of larvae has started to be released in the 140 breeder this weekend! I cant keep up lol. :cool: :happy: