Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #4661  by Vorteil

Question, do you feel that the large numbers breeding also has to do with tank size, set up, and number of opae? I would assume all tank parameters are perfect to the opae's liking.
 #4664  by odin

Vorteil wrote:Question, do you feel that the large numbers breeding also has to do with tank size, set up, and number of opae? I would assume all tank parameters are perfect to the opae's liking.

It’s hard to say really, the whole tank is different to the rest of my tanks. It could be the space that’s available in the tank or the sheer volume of water in it which keeps the water quality perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4671  by odin

I was removing them but I have run out of room in my other tanks! I need to setup more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4674  by odin

1.jpg
1.jpg (868.42 KiB) Viewed 9093 times

Macroalgae is growing all over now lol.
 #4687  by odin

Vorteil wrote:No air or filtration in this tank right? Tank & water look very clean. I know you mentioned you also feed from time to time as well.
Yeah, no air or filters etc.. I feed once a week as there is probably 500+ in the tank now. I also have 5 or 6 Nerites and 3 horned Nerite snails.
 #4755  by odin

A few photos of my shrimp releasing larvae and carrying eggs:

Attachments:
5.jpg
5.jpg (595.28 KiB) Viewed 9092 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (723.77 KiB) Viewed 9092 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (834.03 KiB) Viewed 9092 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (833.39 KiB) Viewed 9092 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (774.82 KiB) Viewed 9092 times
 #4771  by Vorteil

Crystal clear water. Amazing! I like the fact that your berried females seem to be out in the open. I started 2 tanks bare bottom with lava rocks. Hoping to see the females once they are berried out in the open.