Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #4627  by Artemis

Do you have any tips? My previous batch of eggs and larvae did well. I did a 50% water change in case of contaminants so hopefully I can rule that out for the future.

The second tank is now cycling. I'm thinking of putting the larvae from the next hatch in there so I can watch them grow separately. This tank also has a removable lid and is rectangular, which will make it easier to transfer shrimp in and out. It also has a lovely fake rock with hidey -holes. It's made of marine safe resin and I think it looks lovely.

#4633  by Artemis

Not really news but I spotted a shrimp chowing down on the algae that encrusts the plastic plant. He may be a bit pale (this one always is, even when the others are bright red) but he likes a fresh salad!

#4747  by odin

They are awesome to see, water and tank must be just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4789  by Artemis

Two free swimming larvae spotted today! I could see some of the others actively wriggling free as well so I'm sure there will be others soon.
 #4790  by odin

That’s great to hear! Congratulations, yeah they will be released over the next 2 or 3 days give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro