Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5092  by Ann

Great video! Do the crabs bother the shrimp and where did you buy them?
Ann
 #5093  by opae ula related

Ann wrote:Great video! Do the crabs bother the shrimp and where did you buy them?
Ann
Hi Ann, haven’t heard from you for a while.

I googled it and there are of vendors selling them. Below is one so maybe your local aquarium store might have them?

How is your tank coming along?

They don’t bother each other, only when I feed them and they go after the food. The crabs usually wins but I usually put more so the opae ula have theirs to munch on.

https://m.liveaquaria.com/product/613/?pcatid=613
 #5094  by opae ula related

opae ula related wrote:
Ann wrote:Great video! Do the crabs bother the shrimp and where did you buy them?
Ann
Hi Ann, haven’t heard from you for a while.

I googled it and there are of vendors selling them. Below is one so maybe your local aquarium store might have them?

How is your tank coming along?

They don’t bother each other, only when I feed them and they go after the food. The crabs usually wins but I usually put more so the opae ula have theirs to munch on.

https://m.liveaquaria.com/product/613/?pcatid=613
Shrimpmarts sells them

https://shrimpmart.bigcartel.com/produc ... an-up-crew

#5100  by odin

Great video @opae ula related i love watching therm eat.
 #5112  by Ann

Thank you! They're cute. I'd love to have one in the tank, but I read that they need higher temperatures than Opae Ula. We keep the house cool and I don't want want to use a heater in such a small area. I'm not using using a filter, either.
I'm almost finished gathering my supplies for the second time. I'm going to use a two gallon clear glass storage jar for better mobility. I'm saving the two gallon aquarium for my future aquatics adventure. The hardest part is finding somewhere to place the jar. It's hard to find space.
I love your videos. Water Hermit Crabs are extremely interesting. I use to keep land hermit crabs, but their care is difficult. Opae Ula are the perfect pet.
Ann
 #5115  by opae ula related

Ann wrote:Thank you! They're cute. I'd love to have one in the tank, but I read that they need higher temperatures than Opae Ula. We keep the house cool and I don't want want to use a heater in such a small area. I'm not using using a filter, either.
I'm almost finished gathering my supplies for the second time. I'm going to use a two gallon clear glass storage jar for better mobility. I'm saving the two gallon aquarium for my future aquatics adventure. The hardest part is finding somewhere to place the jar. It's hard to find space.
I love your videos. Water Hermit Crabs are extremely interesting. I use to keep land hermit crabs, but their care is difficult. Opae Ula are the perfect pet.
Ann
Got it. What temperature is the house normally? Yeah perfect pet for your storage jar! Also had land hermit crabs before with the hand painted shells but didnt survive long. I remember you used to be a school teacher so let me know when you are ready, I can give you some Opae Ula as a gift.
 #5125  by Ann

Thank you. That's very kind of you. Yes, I used to be a teacher for a long, long, time.
The temperature fluctuates from 67 to 69 degrees Fahrenheit. When winter turns into spring, we sometimes leave the air on and the temperature goes down to 62. I don't think the crabs would like that.
We're moving things around and, hopefully, we will have room soon.
Ann
 #5129  by opae ula related

Ann wrote:Thank you. That's very kind of you. Yes, I used to be a teacher for a long, long, time.
The temperature fluctuates from 67 to 69 degrees Fahrenheit. When winter turns into spring, we sometimes leave the air on and the temperature goes down to 62. I don't think the crabs would like that.
We're moving things around and, hopefully, we will have room soon.
Ann