Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #554  by odin

It still amazes me where all these different types of brackish algae and plants appear from in our tanks. :grin:
 #556  by odin

opae ula related wrote:

Old Clip of Berried Alpha. Trying to use flashlight to see it clearly.
What is their feeding schedule and what do they eat? yours look very healthy!
 #559  by opae ula related

I know Hikari Crab Cuisine has a lot of fish meal, but I give half a piece at night and in the morning it is gone. They don't go after it unlike opae ula which eats it immediately after dropping it in. I don't have a regular schedule but more like once every two weeks. I do see them eat algae off the volcano rock though.

I recently moved them to a new tank and added 6 Opae Ula to the tank for more activity.
 #560  by opae ula related

Odin, can you believe it the micro jelly fish is still alive. I haven't seen it for a long time and i see it today. Old video clip of it.
 #561  by odin

opae ula related wrote:

Odin, can you believe it the micro jelly fish is still alive. I haven't seen it for a long time and i see it today. Old video clip of it.
I watched your jellyfish video on youtube and im very jelly of it :lol:

They are incredible.
 #562  by opae ula related

I know you don't recommend live gravel but i did and found interesting creatures like a mussel and a sea anemone of some sorta along with the jellyfish.

#563  by odin

i wondered where you got all these interesting creatures, live sand is ok if your tank can handle the die off but i say stay away because new owners will have an upcycled tank full of the stuff :laugh:
 #564  by opae ula related

Video for Odin. See 58 second mark, Opae Ula can sense the Alpha is coming... At. 1.02 the Alpha touched the Opae Ula to get out of his way... at 1.15, the Alpha twitched a little and scared the Opae Ula away. My conclusion is that the Alpha makes a certain sound to scare away the Opae Ula.
Last edited by opae ula related on 05 Jun 2016 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
 #566  by odin

You may be right, they seem to own the tank and part the Opae ula from their path :tongue:
 #567  by Ann

I see that you gentlemen are interested in Alphas? Are they a different type of Opae or just overgrown Opae?
Ann :smile: