Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2761  by opae ula related

Bat wrote:Congrats! Wow pipipi snail is lovely!! Nerite are great. I keep freshwater theodoxus with my opaeula and breed perfectly.

Somebody knows where buy them?
How many theodoxus babies with one mother?

Fuku Bonsai and Shrimpmart used to sell it. You can ask hawaii-opaeula.com or go to Hawaii Image. Millions of them on the rocks and they are picked for human food. Read they taste like abalone.

#2762  by Bat

Thanks for the info.

Theodoxus it's not a prolific snail. In my freshwater cold tank every female six or seven eggs, just in spring. But I'm surprised with them at brackish/warm opaeula tank: continuous laying with more eggs.

Younger theo and eggs
Last edited by Bat on 24 Feb 2017 18:46, edited 2 times in total.
 #2764  by odin

Bat wrote:Thanks for the info.

Theodoxus it's not a prolific snail. In my freshwater cold tank every female six or seven eggs, just in spring. But I'm surprised with them at brackish/warm opaeula tank: continuous laying with more eggs.

Younger theo and eggs
Oh wow that is beautiful! I've never seen those before.
 #2765  by odin

opae ula related wrote:

Got a video of a berried Alpha eating.
That is a really neat video, I fed mine some fish flake and they feed from the surface like Opae ula which i found interesting.
 #2766  by opae ula related

odin wrote:
opae ula related wrote:

That is a really neat video, I fed mine some fish flake and they feed from the surface like Opae ula which i found interesting.
Interesting, I don't really feed but an occasional hermit crab food for them which sinks.
 #3368  by odin

Looks like it to me, also looks consensual :laugh: :smile: in my tank they seem to just 'hit and run' lol.
 #3402  by opae ula related

opae ula related wrote:

For my reference, my only female Alpha is berried again so 3 months apart from last getting berried.
 #3403  by odin

That's good news, keep us updated.