Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2126  by odin

I'm sure all will be fine! just keep a watchful eye on your parameters (you sound like you already know all this) :laugh:
 #2152  by Bat

Today I've found some molt in the tank. And four females at least are saddled. Things goes well, I suppose.
Last edited by Bat on 14 Nov 2016 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
 #2157  by opae ula related

Where did you keep the Opae Ula prior to this new 1 week tank or did you just purchased them a week ago?
Last edited by opae ula related on 14 Nov 2016 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
 #2158  by Bat

opae ula related wrote:Where did you keep the Opae Ula prior to this new 1 week tank or did you just purchased them a week ago?
A week with babies. Ten days tank setup, just three days before arrival. It was a friends surprise gift. I had no time for a good cycling. I know: isn't the best way!
 #2160  by odin

LOL 3 moults in a line! that's a pretty cool photo. :smile:
 #2162  by opae ula related

Bat wrote:
opae ula related wrote:Where did you keep the Opae Ula prior to this new 1 week tank or did you just purchased them a week ago?
A week with babies. Ten days tank setup, just three days before arrival. It was a friends surprise gift. I had no time for a good cycling. I know: isn't the best way!
Oh ok, they were berried when you got them so that make sense. I was thinking that was super fast to get berried! Your friend keeps Opae Ula? If it was an easy transfer from one tank to another without delivery then i think it will be high % they will become larvae (not have dropped eggs) since it was little stress.
 #2163  by Bat

Thanks, good info!!

Shrimps came from Germany. In fact it's a crowfunding project of Crustaforo, spanish aquatic invertebrate forum. Opaeula are absolutely unknown in my country. We try to show everyone this beautiful shrimp. And my task in the project: try to breed opaeula and write "How it works".
Last edited by Bat on 14 Nov 2016 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
 #2164  by opae ula related

Oh, so there was mail delivery. How many days from Germany to Spain? They are molting and look great. Good luck.