Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2108  by odin

Oh wow that photo is fantastic! What camera and lens are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2109  by Bat

Olympus TG-3, aquatic cam. No lens added, Olympus macro is the top one.
 #2111  by odin

Im currently using a Sony NEX5 and macro lens, its not perfect but it works :laugh:
 #2113  by opae ula related

Bat wrote:Olympus TG-3, aquatic cam. No lens added, Olympus macro is the top one.
Cool. What is aquatic cam?
 #2114  by odin

Do you have your tank in a window? Does this not create too much algae? I had to start shutting my blinds as I was getting a bit too much algae at one point.

#2120  by Bat

opae ula related wrote:
Bat wrote:Olympus TG-3, aquatic cam. No lens added, Olympus macro is the top one.
Cool. What is aquatic cam?
Excuse me: underwater camera.

Odin, it was a joke. Just an illusion, a flash reflection in the tank back glass. I love this trick, shrimps grazing under the sun. Like this sakura:

Now a serious question for you, Odin: I obtained my brackish mixing sea water (previously filtered to remove plankton) and mineral water. I know it's not standard way, but I'm not use chemical products/additive in my tanks. What´s your opinion about it? Thanks a lot.
 #2122  by odin

Have you used it yet or are you thinking of using it for a future project? Test the salinity so you can adjust it and use it I say :) , on paper I see no issues at all but I have never tried it my self. I live over 100 miles away from any costal line lol.

#2125  by Bat

No, current project. Salinity it's OK, 1012. Halocaridina was a surprise gift, I had to prepare tank in just two days! at the moment parameters are OK, no nitrite explosion. Fingers crossed!!

Yeah, camera allow video, but I don't know how it works.