Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #3456  by Vorteil

I like the idea of a breeder tank. I see larvae in my tank one day and later I don't. I don't always see the berried females unless I feed & then they all come out. If I had a breeder tank I would be able to keep track on them.
 #3457  by odin

64 larvae possibly 65 (one seemed to just disappear when i moved it over) have been moved over from the 140 breeder to my larvae tank today /this week :upsidedown:
Last edited by odin on 18 Jun 2017 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
 #3473  by odin

Well the weekend is here and that means one thing..... time to move larvae over from the 140litre tank they were born in and move them over to the larvae tank, i counted 30 which isn't a bad amount to be honest.
 #3475  by odin

aaaaaaand i missed one lol he can be moved over tomorrow.
Also here is a random egg carrying mother shrimp from today:
Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 4831 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (641.84 KiB) Viewed 4831 times
 #3491  by odin

No new larvae this week unfortunately but i do see around 5 or 6 berried females!

Here is one of them:
Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg (945.11 KiB) Viewed 4830 times
 #3512  by odin

The 15 was actually 18 and they have all been moved from tank to tank, i also removed the single Opae ula that was in the alpha tank and put him in the larvae tank too. He was so happy to be with other Opae ula after all this time lol, just sat there with the others! :laugh: :blink: :grin2: