Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #4058  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Its a total guess but id say 6 - 10 months old?
cool! I had a data point of 9 months assuming the oldest so we both have the same data.
 #4090  by opae ula related

opae ula related wrote: 26 Nov 2017 17:19
odin wrote:Its a total guess but id say 6 - 10 months old?
cool! I had a data point of 9 months assuming the oldest so we both have the same data.
Correction. 7.5 months from this post. Memory =)
viewtopic.php?p=2635#p2635
 #4091  by odin

Will update my post on the other users topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4112  by odin

Feeding time in larvae tank#02, its pretty funny because tank one with the older infant shrimps all eat from the substrate yet the newly born shrimps in tank #02 all eat from the surface, whether this changes with age or just how they have learnt is for me to document and work out :grin:

#4208  by odin

Tank #1 has 6 berried females in now :laugh: Very happy with how its doing. Tank #02 has gone cloudy and i think its a bacterial bloom, when i setup the tank initially and added larvae there couldn't of been enough bio-load to cycle the water or keep it cycled so now the baby's are getting bigger and producing more waste and the tank is going through a mini cycle it seems. I dosed bio digest and added some macrolage, the shrimp are still red and happy so im not worried and i haven't seen any sick of dead shrimp and i will test the water parameters at the weekend when i get some free time.

Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg (165.29 KiB) Viewed 11629 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (133.82 KiB) Viewed 11629 times
 #4219  by odin

The berried females in the #01 larvae tank are now releasing their own larvae! Its getting out of hand :laugh: :laugh: