Opaeula.co.uk

THE forum and online store dedicated to Halocaridina rubra aka the Hawaiian Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos and videos of your Opae ula setups, plus keep logs or journals for others to read.
 #2264  by opae ula related
 21 Nov 2016 19:37
odin wrote:Well.... My mind changes direction like the wind lol, i have bought this substrate and should be here later this week.

I'm going to just bag up some of my sand with the bacteria and have it submerged in the new tank to help it along.
Nice and good idea
Ann liked this
 #2265  by odin
 21 Nov 2016 19:44
If all goes bad i can just dose Biodigest as a quick option, it should remove anything nasty.
 #2272  by odin
 22 Nov 2016 19:17
The tanks glass lid/top turned up today, weird how i had to buy it separate but oh well! The buckets i brought have to go back, my other half decided to store them next to where she sprays a lot of perfume :pff: :angry: and I don't really wish to risk it so I'm just going to swap them. Id be really upset if i managed to poison any of the tank with contaminates.
Last edited by odin on 22 Nov 2016 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
 #2276  by odin
 22 Nov 2016 22:03
LED lights ordered :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2278  by odin
 23 Nov 2016 19:04
The Lavarock gravel came today and its not enough :sad: :ow: -sigh lol! I have to order another bag, i thought a 5KG bag would do it (around 11lbs) but no chance... ebay is calling again.

edit: For those interested heres a pretty cool calculator for substrate: http://www.howmanyfish.com/how-much-gravel.htm
Last edited by odin on 23 Nov 2016 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
 #2282  by odin
 25 Nov 2016 18:31
The tank turned up today and it looks huge, sort of nervous about completely filling it up to the top lol... the weight and stuff is a bit worrying. Looks great though and i have netted all the shrimp out of the previous tank and moved them to a holding tank. I ran out of time for the evening so i will work some more on it tomorrow, im still waiting on more items to turn up too which isnt helping things move along :smile:
 #2918  by odin
 30 Mar 2017 08:08
I use the biodigest mostly until I'm happy the tank is fully cycled. One of my tanks I use constantly to reduce nitrates. You can dose every 2 weeks with this product for the duration of the tanks life as it's main purpose isn't to cycle a new tank but keep the bacteria balance in check and keep the water healthy.
Ann liked this