Opaeula.co.uk

THE forum and online store dedicated to Halocaridina rubra aka the Hawaiian Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos and videos of your Opae ula setups, plus keep logs or journals for others to read.
 #2238  by odin
 19 Nov 2016 23:18
Lol what I meant was I have moved my larvae and berried shrimp ahead of time to a spare tank as I had a nice opportunity to grab them and move them from the large tank I'm going to be dismantling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by odin on 19 Nov 2016 23:18, edited 3 times in total.
 #2240  by odin
 19 Nov 2016 23:28
opae ula related wrote:Got it. You will move the rest later to the cube?

That's the plan! They should only be in there for a few hours until I have the tanks swapped over.

#2242  by odin
 19 Nov 2016 23:38
Yup, all the water will be drained out into water barrels and sand moved over so it's all cycled. It's pretty much just a swap over :)

#2244  by odin
 20 Nov 2016 08:54
I was thinking about it but I don't want to lose all that beneficial bacteria that I've built up.

#2261  by odin
 21 Nov 2016 19:22
Well.... My mind changes direction like the wind lol, i have bought this substrate and should be here later this week.

I'm going to just bag up some of my sand with the bacteria and have it submerged in the new tank to help it along.
opae ula related liked this
 #2263  by odin
 21 Nov 2016 19:28
I also bought some larger lava rocks, i probably bought more stuff then i need for this tank but i don't want to keep the shrimp in a temp tank for long and really want everything ready and in front of me for a semi seamless change over :laugh:

Its a mixed bag of sizes, round 4KG? What ever i have left over i may fit into some of my other tanks.