Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2244  by odin

I was thinking about it but I don't want to lose all that beneficial bacteria that I've built up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2261  by odin

Well.... My mind changes direction like the wind lol, i have bought this substrate and should be here later this week.

I'm going to just bag up some of my sand with the bacteria and have it submerged in the new tank to help it along.
 #2263  by odin

I also bought some larger lava rocks, i probably bought more stuff then i need for this tank but i don't want to keep the shrimp in a temp tank for long and really want everything ready and in front of me for a semi seamless change over :laugh:

Its a mixed bag of sizes, round 4KG? What ever i have left over i may fit into some of my other tanks.
 #2264  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Well.... My mind changes direction like the wind lol, i have bought this substrate and should be here later this week.

I'm going to just bag up some of my sand with the bacteria and have it submerged in the new tank to help it along.
Nice and good idea
 #2265  by odin

If all goes bad i can just dose Biodigest as a quick option, it should remove anything nasty.
 #2272  by odin

The tanks glass lid/top turned up today, weird how i had to buy it separate but oh well! The buckets i brought have to go back, my other half decided to store them next to where she sprays a lot of perfume :pff: :angry: and I don't really wish to risk it so I'm just going to swap them. Id be really upset if i managed to poison any of the tank with contaminates.
Last edited by odin on 22 Nov 2016 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
 #2278  by odin

The Lavarock gravel came today and its not enough :sad: :ow: -sigh lol! I have to order another bag, i thought a 5KG bag would do it (around 11lbs) but no chance... ebay is calling again.

edit: For those interested heres a pretty cool calculator for substrate: http://www.howmanyfish.com/how-much-gravel.htm
Last edited by odin on 23 Nov 2016 19:08, edited 1 time in total.