Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #1909  by odin

I agree, love the way the large rocks are put together. Bet it makes some cool hiding spots for the shrimp.
 #1943  by Halocaridina

Wander wrote:I quoted this message : Halocaridina wrote:
Has anyone ever used a Robo Snail? Probably too big for my tank, but seems like an interesting product.

Too noisy. I would think that it wouls scare the fish.
Ann
My apologies, didn't see the post you were referring to.
 #1984  by Halocaridina

Some of the chaeto strands that broke off when I first added the chaeto seem to be growing upwards. Looks pretty cool and natural.

I also removed the black background temporarily to reduce the air pockets as well as remove the salt deposits that got stuck in it from salt water that spilled out in the very early days of this tank. Looks brighter, and it is nice to see the back area where a lot of the shrimp hide, but I think it is still better to go with the background - brings out the colour of the shrimp more. Tomorrow I plan to add it back, and move around the smaller rocks a little.
 #1985  by odin

The plants seem to be doing great, i agree about the background too making things stand out a bit more. You can buy new sheets of the background for these tanks as a add on item if you need one.
Last edited by odin on 28 Oct 2016 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
 #1988  by Halocaridina

odin wrote:The plants seem to be doing great, i agree about the background too making things stand out a bit more. You can buy new sheets of the background for these tanks as a add on item if you need one.
I think I might get the "smoke" coloured Dennerle background later on and see if that looks better. I like dark grey/black colours in general in this tank because it matches the colour of the natural environment (black lava rock).