Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #1646  by odin

Aslong as you keep the nitrates and nitrites down all will be fine, the biodigest will really help, and i mean alot.
 #1678  by Halocaridina

I did another roughly 30% water change. The nitrite and nitrate levels are better now.

The opae ula seem more active and visible since the heater was introduced, which is good, though it only seems to heat the aquarium up by 2-3 degrees. I am also now getting heavy condensation on the cover glass, so might link the heater to the timer I use for the lights to stop too much of the water evaporating while I am away from the tank.

The slime algae has also formed a thick green film on the surface of the water. Should I remove this?
 #1679  by odin

Do you have a photo? if you don't have much algae in your tank i would leave it. However if it is annoying you i don't see any harm getting rid of it.
 #1750  by odin

That looks like one very healthy Opae ula tank! well done mate :wink: If the green algae gets too much you can remove some or just buy a nertite snail and it will go about removing all of that and shouldn't reproduce.