Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #4730  by odin

Yeah as I said above mine got out too lol, check the floor under the cabinets and stuff :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4733  by QDanT

odin wrote: 21 Mar 2018 12:47 Yeah as I said above mine got out too lol, check the floor under the cabinets and stuff :(
First thing I did - got the torch out :upset:
 #4735  by QDanT

Descided to do a 20% water change and clean the filter, slid the tank round to have a look from the back and there's been lots of digging at the base of the Larva rocks enough to let the Shrimp crawl under. I couldn't see it, but I bet that's where it is :grin:
 #4737  by odin

Fingers crossed for you!
 #4742  by QDanT

Shrimps back Phew ! I've not had it a week and already I've got attatched to it,
as Odin said "They are so much fun to watch"
I dropped some Spirulina Powder in the tank before going out this morning, no sign of Shrimp,
It could only have been under the Lava rock where there was some digging at the back,
as it was on the Marimo when I came back at tea time :smile:
 #4746  by odin

Great news!

#4813  by QDanT

First shed 29-3-18
Attachments:
1st shed enl.jpg
1st shed enl.jpg (81.74 KiB) Viewed 8887 times
1st shed.jpg
1st shed.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 8887 times
 #4962  by QDanT

Tank update :- the Najas Guadalupensis plant has started to grow but so as the Hair Algae which must have come with it :angry: which seemed to be a good excuse to get two Amano Shrimp :smile: The Hair Algae wasn't the only free gift though :what: at first I thought it was just an Algae bloom on the tank glass but on a closer look it looked like Alien invaders A Google image search and I think they're Hydroids ? the Zebra Nerite snails seem to like them though. The Bamboo and Amano Shrimp along with the Nerite Snails will be going into the Front room 300 Ltr. tank it's had API Quick start and three Zebra Danioes in for three weeks now so the Nitrate cycle is well under way. I'm just waiting for the branches in the water butt to get water logged then I'll attatch the Hydrocotyle leucocephala (Brazilian Pennywort) which this time I bought as In-Vitro plants which I hope gets rid of hitchhicker's, it's just floating in the tank at the moment. Then it's a breeding colony of Cherry Shrimp, don't know which colour yet
Attachments:
Nerite 2.jpg
Nerite 2.jpg (99.14 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
sticks 1.jpg
sticks 1.jpg (166.5 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
tank 20-4-18 a.jpg
tank 20-4-18 a.jpg (351.56 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
hydroids 2.jpg
hydroids 2.jpg (56.59 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
hydroids.jpg
hydroids.jpg (64.6 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
Amano.jpg
Amano.jpg (105.47 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
tank 20-4-18.jpg
tank 20-4-18.jpg (149.24 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
tank 29-3-18.jpg
tank 29-3-18.jpg (99.59 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
 #4963  by odin

Looking good! I’d go with bloody Mary’s if you can afford as they are such a loverly deep red. If you get different colour cherry’s they will interbreed and you will eventually end up with just brown ones as their colours mix lol.