Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #1957  by Ann

Is there ever an exchange of air between these closed systems and the outside world? To me, if there is no outlet to allow air out and fresh air in, it is a time bomb for a poisonous atmosphere, no matter what is contained within.
Ann
 #1959  by odin

I would take what you read on google with a pinch of salt lol, i was banned for suggesting to people to do water changes if the shrimps start acting strange/uncomfortable from spoiled water. :smile:

edit: great post by the way @Wander
Last edited by odin on 28 Oct 2016 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
 #1961  by odin

I decided to change names and use 'odin' after my puppy died so i used his name so he will live on in memory :sidesmile:
 #1964  by opae ula related

I can see it working with an established tank and sealing it with proper lighting. One opae ula to a gallon of water would be a safe bet. :wink: :wink:

Anyone find the article/reading about NASA sending our friends to space?
 #1965  by odin

Yup i read about NASA, when i was a young-en i was bought one of these biospheres and it had a big NASA sticker on it advertising that this setup went into space! It was by a company called Beachworld, I think they are still around today.
Last edited by odin on 28 Oct 2016 17:30, edited 2 times in total.
 #1966  by Ann

Wander wrote:I don't agree, we live in a bubble btw.
I don't. :grin: I don't approve of the closed eco system torture chambers. I can cite many scientific references, but life is too short, so we can agree to diagree.
Ann :grin:
 #1967  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Yup i read about NASA, when i was a young-en i was bought one of these biospheres and it had a big NASA sticker on it advertising that this setup went into space! It was by a company called Beachworld, I think they are still around today.
I tried googling and searching the Nasa site but couldn't find any articles.
 #1968  by odin

opae ula related wrote:
odin wrote:Yup i read about NASA, when i was a young-en i was bought one of these biospheres and it had a big NASA sticker on it advertising that this setup went into space! It was by a company called Beachworld, I think they are still around today.
I tried googling and searching the Nasa site but couldn't find any articles.
I will take a look but these guys have a NASA thing on their site: http://www.theartofscience.eu/en/index.htm

LOL @ prices too! http://www.theartofscience.eu/en/beachworld.htm
Last edited by odin on 28 Oct 2016 18:14, edited 2 times in total.
 #1970  by odin

Beachworld Limited Edition: Perfect replica of the ecosystem that flew with the Space Shuttle STS-107

LE Diameter 10 cm, Height 27 cm