Opaeula.co.uk

THE forum and online store dedicated to Halocaridina rubra aka the Hawaiian Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our Opae ula shrimp web store is now open! We are selling Opae ula Shrimp via our eBay store HERE
Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #2662  by opae ula related
 01 Feb 2017 00:33
There is a Singapore distributor on facebook - Kawaii Opae Ula on facebook that feeds redness enhancement pellets. What are your thoughts? I am more of having a variety of colors and not favoring bright red ones. Of course if you own them you can do what ever pleases you, even to feed enhancers etc.
 #2663  by odin
 01 Feb 2017 09:48
That's interesting, do you have a link? I don't agree with culling where the unwanted colours and markings get destroyed but if you want to breed deep red and patterns etc have a separate tank to house the offspring that don't meet the requirements or sell them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2665  by odin
 01 Feb 2017 15:46
I wonder what it is, mind you if they import direct from Hawaii like they say they do then they will be deep red anyway. Just noticed they want $50 per Alpha Opae ula

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2666  by opae ula related
 01 Feb 2017 17:05
[quote="odin"]I wonder what it is, mind you if they import direct from Hawaii like they say they do then they will be deep red anyway. Just noticed they want $50 per Alpha Opae ula Image

Lots of products that enhance the color. Here is an example.
https://www.amazon.com/New-Life-Spectru ... ancer+fish

$50 Singapore dollars but still. Image
 #2667  by odin
 01 Feb 2017 18:48
I have some red cherry shrimp food that is made especially for red shrimp and its called 'red ruby' very expensive and they wont eat it! neither will my opae's LOL :smile: