Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #2662  by opae ula related

There is a Singapore distributor on facebook - Kawaii Opae Ula on facebook that feeds redness enhancement pellets. What are your thoughts? I am more of having a variety of colors and not favoring bright red ones. Of course if you own them you can do what ever pleases you, even to feed enhancers etc.
 #2663  by odin

That's interesting, do you have a link? I don't agree with culling where the unwanted colours and markings get destroyed but if you want to breed deep red and patterns etc have a separate tank to house the offspring that don't meet the requirements or sell them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2665  by odin

I wonder what it is, mind you if they import direct from Hawaii like they say they do then they will be deep red anyway. Just noticed they want $50 per Alpha Opae ula

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2666  by opae ula related

[quote="odin"]I wonder what it is, mind you if they import direct from Hawaii like they say they do then they will be deep red anyway. Just noticed they want $50 per Alpha Opae ula Image

Lots of products that enhance the color. Here is an example.
https://www.amazon.com/New-Life-Spectru ... ancer+fish

$50 Singapore dollars but still. Image
 #2667  by odin

I have some red cherry shrimp food that is made especially for red shrimp and its called 'red ruby' very expensive and they wont eat it! neither will my opae's LOL :smile: