Opaeula.co.uk

THE forum and online store dedicated to Halocaridina rubra aka the Hawaiian Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our Opae ula shrimp web store is now open! We are selling Opae ula Shrimp via our eBay store HERE
Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #2987  by AdeDunn
 05 Apr 2017 17:50
Just a little tip I wanted to share with you folks, a trick I learned whilst keeping poison dart frogs a few years back. Aquarium backgrounds are quite expensive usually, but I discovered you can get the exact same effect using a couple of products not directly sold for the purpose.

The first is the DC-Fix self adhesive black vinyl. Cut it to size and when you stick it onto the outside of the tank (use a squeegy to do it without bubbles) it gives a nice black background. The only con is you can't re-use it.

OLD pic:-

The second is vinyl shower privacy screen. This is a static cling film, attached by spraying the glass with water then just placing the film onto the wet glass. Then you just squeeze out the bubbles with a squeegee. You can move it around all you like, take it off, put it back on... Also, if you put a light behind it you getting STUNNING effect for photographs, and it's a fraction of the price of a certain major hobby brand. :wink:

Hope this helps somebody save some money whilst making a tank look good. :grin:

Ade
 #2989  by odin
 05 Apr 2017 18:39
Awesome tip! Thanks for the share. :smile:

PS. Where did you buy the cat statue? I really like it.
Last edited by odin on 05 Apr 2017 18:40, edited 1 time in total.