Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #3252  by AdeDunn

Thanks, and I hope so! The are rather difficult to get good pics of to be honest. My phone camera kinda sucks, but my SLR struggles to focus on them through the thick glass of the tank. I'll have a go with my tripod at some point, our cats like to sleep on the chair in front of this tank though, so I have to compete with them for the chair. :upsidedown: Might be worth setting up temporary lighting using my spare 2 x24 watt T5HOs too, as the LEDs on this are a bit on the blue side for photography.
 #3253  by AdeDunn

Tweaked the lighting (swapped the naff blue and white LED for my Glow and Grow), cleaned the glass, used my SLR. These are the 2 best pics I got.

I got lots of other good pics, but the shrimp are much smaller in the frame, and cropping tends to make for a grainy image.
 #3255  by odin

AdeDunn wrote:This is the 30 litre cube for bee types, post redo. Got 10 F1 hybrids on the way tomorrow to go in it.

That looks fantastic man, the new shrimp are going to love it. Please post some photos when they turn up! :wink:
 #3256  by AdeDunn

Thanks bud. :grin: It's a heck of a lot simpler than the tanks I usually create, but yeah it looks nice to me too. The small sword will spread too, it certainly has in my retirement tank. lol I've got some more of those ceramic cubes to go into this one too, just 5 of them this time though as I don't want to over-complicate it.
 #3257  by AdeDunn

The F1s arrived and are currently on the drip system. As requested:-

Is it just me, or does one of those look suspiciously like a red bolt? Waiting with baited breath to see what it does when it gets it's colour back for sure! Should only need a few hours on the drip too, water they're shipped in TDS 153 ppm, target tank water 150 ppm... :cool:

In other news, everybody LOVES a snow (flake) day....

Last edited by AdeDunn on 17 May 2017 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
 #3258  by AdeDunn

Before anybody points out that you need to add TBs to mischlings to stand a decent chance of getting TBs in the offspring, we plan to down the road. Just got the 10 mischlings for now though to make sure the tank is back right and settled, before spending bigger money. :wink: Our goal though is just to have a tank producing random pretty shrimp. :happy:
 #3259  by AdeDunn

Well the pinkish one turned a lot whiter once settled, so more just a snow/golden bee. Tiny bit worried about them as they're zooming around the tank like crazy things. Lights are off, just had them on whilst I put them in and took a pic.

IMG_20170517_170355_DRO.jpg
IMG_20170517_170355_DRO.jpg (745.96 KiB) Viewed 9293 times
As I say though, bit concerned with how they're zooming around like crazy things. Params should be spot on (they were before I put them in...) but I'll do a quick retest to be sure.