Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #3219  by AdeDunn

Careful with racks bud, they tend to feed the addiction. :wink:
Racking.jpg
Racking.jpg (202.02 KiB) Viewed 8080 times
 #3220  by odin

Thats awesome man :heart_eyes:
 #3224  by AdeDunn

It's worst than that bud, the rack on the left go swapped out for another one like the rack at the back. :what: That's the rack that houses 3 tanks on the middle shelf (wife's 60 litre, the Opae tank and her coffee pot tank as she calls it). Back rack houses 1 50 litre tank so far. At some point though I'm hoping to clear out the vivs and have room for a couple more tanks maybe. Right hand rack though is getting cleared completely, hoping that by giving my wife that rack to store stuff on she'll stop barricading the area with the racks with washing piles.... lol Big racks are the widespan ones from Bigdug, so extra strong.
 #3229  by opae ula related

AdeDunn wrote:Careful with racks bud, they tend to feed the addiction. :wink:
Racking.jpg

Damn! That's a lot!
 #3241  by AdeDunn

Yeah it was, it was like an addiction. Keeping so many though puts you on a knifes edge between success and failure, and in the end failure caught up hard. That's why I made the decision to return to shrimp, that and I just plain missed keeping them. I have a compulsive personality though, I don't do anything by halves.

I learned from my mistakes last time around though, so have built my tanks to avoid repeating them. Little things like not using ANY plant ferts or CO2 in my shrimp tanks that can go wrong. I did learn one more lesson though, not to use under-substrate plant substrates in soft water tanks... Turned out the one I did use contained a source of calcium.... Knowing what I do about plants, I should have suspected this as plants use calcium to fix nitrogen from nitrates. Good for freshwater tanks for neocaridina and snails though luckily, so only had to tear down the 1 tank out of the 3 I used it in. lol
 #3246  by odin

I know how you feel lol, i'm exactly the same and dont do things by halfs.