Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #4216  by josema3003

Buenas noches y feliz año nuevo. Soy novato en este mundo pero dispuesto a aprender. Me surge una duda, como hacéis para reponer el agua evaporada?. Dejáis que evapore y cuando consideres agregáis la restante o tenéis una boya de nivel que lo hace automáticamente?.
No sé si es mejor que fluctúe la salinidad y luego rellenar o mantener un valor estable, usando una boya de nivel para que rellene en el momento que evapore.
Gracias de antemano por la ayuda. Os sigo leyendo y os agradezco toda la información.
Gracias.
Un saludo.
 #4217  by josema3003

Good evening and happy new year. I have a question, how do you replace the evaporated water? Do you let it evaporate and when you consider it added to the rest or do you have a level buoy that does it automatically?
I do not know if it is better for the salinity to fluctuate and then fill or maintain a stable value, using a level buoy to fill in at the moment of evaporation.
Thanks in advance for the help. I keep reading and I appreciate all the information.
Thank you!!
A greeting.
 #4218  by odin

Welcome to our forum @josema3003 ! and a Happy new year! That's a good questions and to be perfectly honest it really doesn't matter :laugh: These shrimps thrive in salinity swings and changes in the wild so is all part and parcel of their daily life. I just check on the levels of my tanks once a week and just top up to the marker i have set on the outside of the tank (mines a sticker with a black line) with my RO water. I do this with and without larvae floating in the tank and have no issues at all. I did look into the auto refill products like yourself and i believe a member has set one up them self's here but id be worried it would malfunction and pour water everywhere. My tanks are in my house upstairs so i cannot risk that happening.
 #4220  by josema3003

Thanks Odin!!!
I live in Spain and my English is thanks to the translator. I hope you understand me.
I asked him if those changes are necessary for them to grow up and if the stability in terms of salinity could be harmful for them to prosper.
Thanks again
 #4221  by odin

josema3003 wrote:Thanks Odin!!!
I live in Spain and my English is thanks to the translator. I hope you understand me.
I asked him if those changes are necessary for them to grow up and if the stability in terms of salinity could be harmful for them to prosper.
Thanks again

Rellene con agua correcta una vez a la semana, no agua salada solo agua fresca y todo estará bien. :grin: