Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #548  by Ann

I would not want to use ammonia, but I could use the "fishless," or "shirmpless" :wink: cycle using fish food. Thanks for your help.
Ann
 #549  by Ann

odin wrote:The tank is 130Litres which is about 34US gallons, I had 6 lampeye killisfish at one point but i dosed the tank with melafix (a medicine) and all of the 6 died :cry: The rest of the fish were ok so maybe they were very sensitive? very pretty fish though!
That's sad. I guess that it's difficult to know these things ahead of time.
Ann
 #1488  by odin

Last weekend we pulled out all the plants and bog wood, cleaned all the gravel and added a few of the plants back, we trimmed quite a few too. It needed doing but I had just put it off for a while lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by odin on 06 Oct 2016 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
 #1489  by Ann

My goodness! It looks so nice? It looked nice before, but it looks even nicer now! If you ever find the time, I would love to see :cool: it in motion.
Ann :grin:
 #1501  by odin

Thanks, it looks a bite empty and heavily trimmed but give it a few weeks and it should take on a more natural layout and look. I had to attach the plants to new bog wood with Cotten thread as the old wood was very broken down and had shrunk a lot in size!

#1505  by Ann

I like it. The fish will be more visible.
Ann
 #1508  by odin

I think my bulldog pleco had been eating the wood, they do that lol.

Last edited by odin on 07 Oct 2016 06:23, edited 1 time in total.