Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #1322  by Ann

The book arrived. It's here at just the right time. Unfortunately, my brother is in critical condition at the hospital and it will help calm my mind. I'll report on the best parts of the book, which is probably the entire book.
Ann
 #1323  by Ann

I didn't realize that there were so many different types of shrimp in the alkaline waters. The diversity is amazing!
Ann
Last edited by Ann on 25 Sep 2016 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
 #1324  by odin

Sorry to hear about your brother Ann, i hope everything turns out ok.
 #1326  by odin

Ann wrote:Could you imagine an aquarium of reds, then yellows, then whites?
Ann
Are they all types of shrimp?
 #1327  by Ann

They are color variations of our Opae Ula friends. Apparently, there are not enough caught and bred for the pet trade.
Ann
 #1328  by odin

That's really cool and I didn't know that. :happy:
 #1329  by Ann

Yes, they're similar to the variant yellow cherry shrimp, only with a clearer lower body. Really pretty.
Ann :grin:
 #1331  by opae ula related

Ann wrote:They are color variations of our Opae Ula friends. Apparently, there are not enough caught and bred for the pet trade.
Ann

Ann,
What page you referring to regarding "not enough caught and bred for the pet trade"? :upsidedown:
 #1333  by Ann

On page twenty there is a "white" variation. Page twenty-one has a yellow variation, and page twenty-three has a "pink" variation . In my own fevered little mind, I was thinking that if enough could be caught and mated, they could be become available to .opae Ula enthusiasts..