Opaeula.co.uk

THE forum and online store dedicated to Halocaridina rubra aka the Hawaiian Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our Opae ula shrimp web store is now open! We are selling Opae ula Shrimp via our eBay store HERE
Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #722  by odin
 16 Jun 2016 20:53
We all like seeing peoples new purchases and shiny things :laugh: so i decided to make a sticky for people to put up photos of their newly purchased items, shrimp and aquarium related. I always find this introduces users to new and interesting tools others may have never seen before, lets see what you have!

Here goes, I bought some new 12" scissors today and i purchased them to tackle the hair algae that's taken hold on some of my ocean rock, i don't want to just pull at it because i may crush shrimp that are hiding under and inside the rock itself.
Photo 16-06-2016, 14 56 49.jpg
Ann liked this
 #726  by odin
 16 Jun 2016 22:06
I know right!? ADA is very very exspensive lol.
 #1621  by odin
 14 Oct 2016 13:55
Well the plant scissors didn't last long! i broke them cutting a piece of paper...... i think the salt water made them super weak or brittle :laugh: :what:

I wont be buying them ever again for a salt water tank thats for sure LOL.
Wander liked this
 #1757  by Wander
 19 Oct 2016 21:12
I decided not to buy the silicone thing but i found a very small aquarium scrubber in my fish shop!
Remember, the problem is is that many scrubbers don;t work with my tank because of the curve!
But this one works great when i have it vertically!
Pictures coming tomorrow! :upsidedown:
 #1763  by Ann
 20 Oct 2016 12:29
odin wrote:Well the plant scissors didn't last long! i broke them cutting a piece of paper...... i think the salt water made them super weak or brittle :laugh: :what:

I wont be buying them ever again for a salt water tank thats for sure LOL.
Oh, that's a shame. Do you think that the have plastic ones that won't rust?
Ann